NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) or In-house Abrasive Wheels – Hand Held Cut off Saw or Abrasive Wheels with Practical Cutting / Grinding course.
Abrasive Wheels – Hand Held Cut off Saw or Abrasive Wheels with Practical Cutting / Grinding course training can be completed on your site or at a training centre.
How long is the course?
Abrasive Wheels – Hand Held Cut off Saw or Abrasive Wheels with Practical Cutting / Grinding is half or full day course.
Who should attend the Abrasive Wheels Training Course?
Candidates of all levels of ability and knowledge can attend our courses.
The course covers a range of health and safety regulations and procedures as well as terminology that the operator needs to know. The course will teach the candidates how to safely operate Hand Held Cut off Saw or Abrasive Wheels with Practical Cutting / Grinding unit.
Abrasive Wheels Training
The Abrasive Wheels Course provides safety knowledge and practical training in the selection and use of the Abrasive Wheels. Abrasive Wheels Training Covers:
- The requirements of the HASAW and PUWER and all associated regulations in respect of Abrasive Wheels.
- Hazards arising from the use of Abrasive Wheels and the precautions that should be taken.
- How to identify the Abrasive Wheel types and characteristics.
- Storage, handling and transportation of Abrasive Wheels.
- Inspecting and testing Abrasive Wheels.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Selection and changing wheels.
- Cutting or grinding depending on course.