NPORS / AITT or In-house Telescopic / Telehandler Handler. NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) or AITT (Association Industrial Truck Trainers), are both members of the ABA (Accrediting Bodies Association).
This Telescopic / Telehandler Handler training can be completed on your site or at a training centre.
How long is the course?
Telescopic / Telehandler training can vary in course duration. With a novice operator, the course lasts three to five days but for a more experienced operator, it would be less.
Who should attend the Telescopic / Telehandler Handler Training Course?
Candidates of all levels of ability and knowledge can attend our courses.
The course covers a range of health and safety regulations and procedures as well as terminology that the operator needs to know. The course will teach the candidates how to safely operate the Telescopic / Telehandler handler across a range of different situations.
Telescopic / Telehandler Handler Training
The candidate is assessed on-site through a range of methods such as observations, evidence generated from the workplace, written questions and professional discussion. The compulsory course structure includes the below mandatory units:
- Be able to operate the Telescopic / Telehandler safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out Telescopic / Telehandler pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Act, PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations) and other current relevant legislation.
- Introduction to the machine.
- Pre-shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Components and main types of lift trucks.
- Refuelling systems.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Emergency controls.
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground.
- Operators safety code.
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads.
- Loading and Unloading flatbed lorries and at various heights.
There are three parts to the telehandler test, a theory section comprised of 25 questions, Telescopic / Telehandler pre-use check and a practical session.